Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Marko Simic <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/17 16:13:23 UTC

Migrating from Tomcat AXIS2 to Standalone AXIS2

I am currently working on migration from AXIS2 deployed in Tomcat to
standalone version.
Can someone, please, advise me:
1. How to solve database communication problem(s)
a) While it was working within Tomcat context we were using DataSources and
just passing its names to web services. Question is: is it possible to do in
the same manner (and how) or we need to use some other approach.
b) we were using basic web service access authentication and user list was
stored in mysql database.
Question is how to translate/bridge Realms and authentication methods

Thank you in advance,
Marko Simic
Soft Division

Re: Migrating from Tomcat AXIS2 to Standalone AXIS2

Posted by Marko Simic <ma...@gmail.com>.
K...thanks for advise.

Regards,
Marko Simic

Posted by Ted Jones <te...@redhat.com>.
Thank you Ajith. I will check it out.

Ted

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ted,

Posted by redhatter <te...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Demetris G <de...@ece.neu.edu>.

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Demetris G <de...@ece.neu.edu>.

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
On 9/19/07, Demetris G <de...@ece.neu.edu> wrote:

> Would you say the same for Axis ? Axis can be used as a standalone web
> services container - yes ?

I am not familiar with Axis. My involvement is with the Axis2. Some one
having a good knowledge of Axis may answer this.

Amila Suriarachchi,
WSO2 Inc.

Re: Migrating from Tomcat AXIS2 to Standalone AXIS2

Posted by Demetris G <de...@ece.neu.edu>.

Posted by Demetris G <de...@ece.neu.edu>.

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.

--
Amila Suriarachchi,
WSO2 Inc.

Re: Migrating from Tomcat AXIS2 to Standalone AXIS2

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.

Amila Suriarachchi wrote:

> [...]
> >     >> just passing its names to web services. Question is: is it
> >     possible to do
> >     >> in
> >     >> the same manner (and how) or we need to use some other approach.
> >     >> b) we were using basic web service access authentication and
> >     user list
> >     >> was
> >     >> stored in mysql database.
> >     >> Question is how to translate/bridge Realms and authentication
> >     methods
> >     >>
> >     >> Thank you in advance,
> >     >> Marko Simic
> >     >> Soft Division
> >     >> --
> >     >>

> http://www.nabble.com/Migrating-from-Tomcat-AXIS2-to-Standalone-AXIS2-tf4467094.html#a12736804
> >     >> Sent from the Axis - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com

Amila Suriarachchi,
WSO2 Inc.

Re: Migrating from Tomcat AXIS2 to Standalone AXIS2

Posted by Demetris G <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
So hold on a sec - Amila, are you saying that Axis2 is not considered a
stable and reliable enough
standalone web service container and it should always be deployed within
other proven
containers (i.e. Tomcat etc.)? Is this the case only for Axis2 or also

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
On 9/18/07, Marko Simic <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Since the only "remote part" of application is single web service I
> thought
> it would be much easer for deployment/management to deploy preconfigured
> standalone dedicated server. Also it could take less memory and
> performance
> could be better.
> Anyway, these are only assumptions = something that should be tested.
>
> If you think I am wrong, I would like to hear why and what you may
> suggest.
> Thanks.

Tomcat is a statble web service container that handle many concorrent
requests and performs well.
But on the other hand simple http server is not that much tested and mainly
for testing purposes.

So the suggestion is to keep tomcat.

Amila.

Regards,
> Marko Simic
>

> Amila Suriarachchi wrote:
> >
> > On 9/17/07, Marko Simic <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>

> >> I am currently working on migration from AXIS2 deployed in Tomcat to
> >> standalone version.
> >

> > why you want to do this?
> > I think it is not a good idea to put simple http server  in production
> > use.
> >
> > Can someone, please, advise me:
> >> 1. How to solve database communication problem(s)
> >> a) While it was working within Tomcat context we were using DataSources
> >> and
> >> just passing its names to web services. Question is: is it possible to
> do
> >> in
> >> the same manner (and how) or we need to use some other approach.
> >> b) we were using basic web service access authentication and user list
> >> was
> >> stored in mysql database.
> >> Question is how to translate/bridge Realms and authentication methods
> >>
> >> Thank you in advance,
> >> Marko Simic
> >> Soft Division
> >> --
> >>

> > --
> > Amila Suriarachchi,
> > WSO2 Inc.

Amila Suriarachchi,
WSO2 Inc.

Re: Migrating from Tomcat AXIS2 to Standalone AXIS2

Posted by Marko Simic <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
On 9/17/07, Marko Simic <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am currently working on migration from AXIS2 deployed in Tomcat to
> standalone version.

why you want to do this?
I think it is not a good idea to put simple http server  in production use.

Can someone, please, advise me:
> 1. How to solve database communication problem(s)
> a) While it was working within Tomcat context we were using DataSources
> and
> just passing its names to web services. Question is: is it possible to do
> in
> the same manner (and how) or we need to use some other approach.
> b) we were using basic web service access authentication and user list was
> stored in mysql database.
> Question is how to translate/bridge Realms and authentication methods
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Marko Simic
> Soft Division

Amila Suriarachchi,