Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Mike <mz...@gmail.com> on 2022/06/21 14:29:03 UTC

Update/Reindex

Hello!

Did I understand that correctly, with version 8 you cannot update a
dataset, only reindex it. In the past, however, this was possible, e.g.
with version 4

cu

Re: Update/Reindex

Posted by Shawn Heisey <el...@elyograg.org>.
On 6/21/2022 8:29 AM, Mike wrote:
> Did I understand that correctly, with version 8 you cannot update a
> dataset, only reindex it. In the past, however, this was possible, e.g.
> with version 4

That really depends on exactly what you mean by "update a dataset" ...
8.x should have all the indexing capability as 4.x, and some capability
that 4.x didn't have.  I am curious about what exactly you saw that led
you to believe capability was lost, and where you saw it.

David's response is also correct.

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: Update/Reindex

Posted by David Hastings <ha...@gmail.com>.
you have never been able to "update" unless all fields are stored.  if you
have indexed only fields, they would always be lost, it was always a
read/destroy/re-index, but only for stored fields.  if you got a general
text non-stored field it is gone.