Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by CHACHEREAU Marc <mc...@yahoo.fr> on 2002/01/15 18:11:27 UTC

Apache SOAP and javacript client

I want to simplify my question.
Does anyone success to request an apache soap web
service with a javascipt client.
The goal is to use simple html pages to interact with
a webservice. I don't want to use applets to make
these requests. Any Idea ?
Thank you, Marc.

RE: Apache SOAP and javacript client

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <an...@manes.net>.
Marc,

The Systinet WASP JavaScript client is a client library implemented in
JavaScript. It requires IE 5.5 with the MSXML Parser 3.0 installed. For the
most part, it interoperates very easily with Apache SOAP and Apache Axis.
You can download this library from here:

http://www.systinet.com/eap/jsstack/index.html

Regards,
Anne Thomas Manes
CTO, Systinet

Posted by Richard Bourland <re...@yahoo.com>.

There is a javascript client in the mail archives

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=soap-user&r=1&w=2

--- CHACHEREAU Marc <mc...@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> I want to simplify my question.
> Does anyone success to request an apache soap web
> service with a javascipt client.
> The goal is to use simple html pages to interact
> with
> a webservice. I don't want to use applets to make
> these requests. Any Idea ?
> Thank you, Marc.

> en fran�ais !
> Yahoo! Courrier : http://courrier.yahoo.fr

=====
Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/

Re: Apache SOAP and javacript client

Posted by Tom Myers <to...@dreamscape.com>.
At 06:11 PM 1/15/2002 +0100, CHACHEREAU Marc wrote:
>I want to simplify my question.
>Does anyone success to request an apache soap web
>service with a javascipt client.

look within http://xml.apache.org/soap/faq/faq_chawke.html
at 2.14:

>Systinet (formerly Idoox) also provide a JavaScript-based SOAP implementation that enables you to invoke a SOAP request from a browser. The JavaScript support is included in WASP Lite. You can download it from http://www.systinet.com/download.html.

What I've done myself (like others on this list, long ago) is
write an HTML form using javascript to put the SOAP request into
a hidden textarea, whose ACTION= is a JSP page which does the
actual SOAP call.
   Of course with JScript it's easy, as long as you get MSXML on
the client.

Tom Myers

RE: Apache SOAP and javacript client

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <an...@manes.net>.