Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Kania <ka...@euskalnet.net> on 2004/09/22 08:16:55 UTC

Management...

Hi, I'm new to SCM world, and I'm using SVN...

I'd like to know your opinion:

I have several projects, and I want to know what is best ?
Create un repository for each project or simply put all the projects in
the same repository ?

We only use it for internal development, and user security is not an
issue...

TIA

Re: Management...

Posted by Paul Puschmann <pa...@medcom-service.de>.
Kania wrote:
> Hi, I'm new to SCM world, and I'm using SVN...
>
> I'd like to know your opinion:
>
> I have several projects, and I want to know what is best ?
> Create un repository for each project or simply put all the projects in
> the same repository ?
>
> We only use it for internal development, and user security is not an
> issue...

We use it with seperate repositories for each project. Via the
svn:externals property we link some projects and I like it this way.

For me it's good to see at once if a project has changed its revision
and why. With many projects in one repo you might get some trouble
sorting out where the changes were.
Size is a different aspect for me.

Just my 2 cents.

Paul

Re: Management...

Posted by Ulrich Eckhardt <ec...@satorlaser.com>.
Kania wrote:
> I have several projects, and I want to know what is best ?
> Create un repository for each project or simply put all the projects in
> the same repository ?

The [dis]advantages of both ways are discussed in the book as part of
repository administration.

Uli