Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Leo Sutic <le...@inspireinfrastructure.com> on 2003/04/23 21:55:00 UTC

Stefano's changes

From
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=104946515805696&w=2:
> 4) I also changed 'allow-reload' to false as default.

>From CocoonServlet.java:

        // get allow reload parameter, default is true
        value = conf.getInitParameter("allow-reload");
        this.allowReload = (value == null ||
value.equalsIgnoreCase("yes") || value.equalsIgnoreCase("true"));
        if (value == null) {
            if (log.isDebugEnabled()) {
                log.debug("allow-reload was not set - defaulting to
true");
            }
        }

The web.xml in the webapp included with Cocoon has:

    <init-param>
      <param-name>allow-reload</param-name>
      <param-value>yes</param-value>
    </init-param>

This seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle.

/LS

RE: Stefano's changes

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
OK, I'll do my best to recover the logic:

It was part of Stefano's overhaul of the upload stuff - cvs
comment (or was it in an email?) explained for security.  It
does make sense even if it's a pain.  That's why Chris' (I
think it was him) addition to the sample warning about the
new setting default was necessary.

Stefano has an RT that he's waiting on until after 2.1 pushing
toward what sounds like a control layer out in front of the
processing that would give finer-grained control over things
like uploads, webdav, etc. that require more raw access to the
real request (and response?).  He mentioned it on list a few
weeks ago.

Point of that is that for now there is no good solution that is
both convenient and doesn't open up potential holes, so locked
down is probably better even if some samples won't work with the
default config.

Geoff

Re: Stefano's changes

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.

RE: Stefano's changes

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
huh? how will allow-reload break upload samples?

btw, allow-uploads (which must be what you were thinkin of?) is already
defaulted to false, which already "breaks" the upload samples, but I think
Chris Haul made notice of that on the sample itself.

Geoff

Re: Stefano's changes

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.