Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by James Liang <jl...@andera.com> on 2013/11/17 23:59:43 UTC

standard mechanism to extend the Test Script Recorder (jmeter proxy)

Hi all,

I know the Test Script Recorder can filter out certain requests using regular expression.  However, I need to do more than that.

Currently, the HTTP(S) Test Script Recorder would capture all http traffic and add them to the Recording Controller.  How do I add some post recording logic to the Test Script Recorder to either modify or discard a captured request?  The post recording logic needs to examine the responds and dynamically compute what to modify or to discard the request.  Is there a standard mechanism for doing this?

The need to discard would also mean the post recording logic needs a mechanism to tell the Test Script Recorder rather to keep or discard a request

If there isn't a good way to do this today, I'd like to look into enhancing jmeter with this capability.  Any suggestion on where I should look in the code?  Note that the above is similar to adding a BeanShell Preprocessor to a logic controller.  However, the HTTP(S) Test Script Recorder is not a Logic Controller.

Thanks,
James

Re: standard mechanism to extend the Test Script Recorder (jmeter proxy)

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 17 November 2013 22:59, James Liang <jl...@andera.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I know the Test Script Recorder can filter out certain requests using regular expression.  However, I need to do more than that.
>
> Currently, the HTTP(S) Test Script Recorder would capture all http traffic and add them to the Recording Controller.  How do I add some post recording logic to the Test Script Recorder to either modify or discard a captured request?  The post recording logic needs to examine the responds and dynamically compute what to modify or to discard the request.  Is there a standard mechanism for doing this?

No, there is no standard way to do it.

> The need to discard would also mean the post recording logic needs a mechanism to tell the Test Script Recorder rather to keep or discard a request

Or it could disable the request.

http://jmeter.apache.org/api/org/apache/jmeter/protocol/http/proxy/ProxyControl.html