Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Russell Butek <bu...@us.ibm.com> on 2002/05/29 16:19:36 UTC

Re: AXIS BUG ?

These are not bugs.  See my comments inline between <rjb>...</rjb>

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com

"Jean-Marc Taillant" <ta...@bst.bsf.alcatel.fr> on 05/29/2002 08:41:06
PM

To:    <ax...@xml.apache.org>, <ax...@xml.apache.org>
cc:
Subject:    AXIS BUG ?

Hi all,
I found several bugs in server sid generated  WSDL ( invoked with the ?wsdl
option in the  URL...).
I made tests with several tools ( XML spy (  soap debugger plug-in &
SOAP:Net from www.soaptoolset.com) and i find this:

AXIS generate WSDL with "<wsdl:" namespace  before almost element:
    This syntax is not understanded  by XML spy and SOAP:Net

<rjb>
The "wsdl" prefix defines the namespace that the wsdl constructs are in.
This prefix is defined.  The default namespace is the same as the "wsdl"
namespace, so strictly speaking, the "wsdl" prefix is not needed, but it is
not wrong to have it.
</rjb>

SOAP:Net need name attribute in "definitions"  element.
    I found that AXIS does not  include this attribute in WSDL.

<rjb>
The spec says that the name attribute in definitions is optional.
</rjb>

The AXIS version used is the last nightly build  from 28/05/2002

Somewhere else, i try .Net wsdl.exe tool to  generate client C# proxy and
all is Ok for MS.

I think it a problem because AXIS need to be  compliant with client side
toolkit. I know that there can be a xml spy &  SOAP:Net problem ( i send
email to them) but there is no cost to include "name"  attribute for
example.

<rjb>
Sounds like xml spy and SOAP:Net aren't following the specs.

We could certainly add a name, but what would it be?  The portType or
service name?  (there could be more than 1 portType or service in a single
definition).  The file name?  (this could be dynamic:
"http://service/service?wsdl" vs "c:/service/myservice.wsdl")  Some
constant?  (rather meaningless)  If you're only concerned about what ?wsdl
gives you, then I think we'd be safe giving you the service name for the
definition name since there will be only one service generated.  Right,
Rich?
</rjb>

Regards,

Jean Marc

PS:
I send this mail to axis-dev because this mail come  after a large number
of mail with no response.

<rjb>
Sorry if we haven't responded to you.  We've gotten rather overloaded,
lately.
</rjb>

Re: AXIS BUG ?

Posted by Jean-Marc Taillant <ta...@bst.bsf.alcatel.fr>.
I tested all my wsdl generated file trought Cape Studio toolkit and all is
ok!. I definitely think that XML Spy aren't following WSDL spec.

Thanks,

Jean Marc

Re: AXIS BUG ?

Posted by Jean-Marc Taillant <ta...@bst.bsf.alcatel.fr>.
Thanks for your quick response,

Maybe XML spy and SOAP:NEt  aren't following the specs. but i think that we
can add the "name" attribute in definitions element with service name as
value ( i think that there is no effort to add it , maybe with an optional
parameter in wsdl4j)
I will send a note to XML spy & SOAP:Net  to ask them if there is a bug

Thanks again for your quicke response

Regards,

Jean Marc

PS: