Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Jaliya Ekanayake <ja...@opensource.lk> on 2005/06/12 04:47:19 UTC

[ANN] Apache Sandesha Beta Released

Apache Sandesha team would like to announce the beta release for Apache
Sandesha WS-ReliableMessaging implementation.

You can download the releases from:
Source:
http://cvs.apache.org/dist/ws/ws-fx/sandesha/beta/Sandesha-beta-src.zip
Binary:
http://cvs.apache.org/dist/ws/ws-fx/sandesha/beta/Sandesha-beta-bin.zip

It has been quite some time since we have updated Sandesha to reflect the
latest changes in the WS-ReliableMessaging specification (February 2005). We
have tested Apache Sandesha with other similar implementations, like IBM,
Microsoft and Systinet. Sandesha passed all the available interop tests with
the above implementations. Now (After applying the changes that were
identified during the interop tests) we would like to announce the release
of the beta version.

Following features are available in this release of Sandesha,

(1)   Implementation of WS-ReliableMessaging specification (February
2005). On top of Axis 1.2
(2)   INORDER delivery assurance.
(3)   Support for synchronous and asynchronous reliable exchange of
messages.
(4)   A Client API that will make it easy for users to work simultaneously
with different endpoints and different message sequences.
(5)   Updated documentation.
(6)   Support for WS-Policy integration.
(7)   Interop Endpoint
            Client
http://ws.zones.apache.org:7070/sandesha-interop/interop.jsp
            Server
http://ws.zones.apache.org:7070/sandesha-interop/services/RMInteropService

If you have new ideas on messaging middleware and would like to contribute
to Apache Sandesha, please join us at fx-dev@ws.apache.org. Any contribution
in the form of coding, testing, submitting improvements to the
documentation, and reporting bugs is always welcome.

More information about Axis2 is available from the Axis2 home:
http://ws.apache.org/ws-fx/sandesha

-- Sandesha Development Team