Posted to test-cvs@httpd.apache.org by jo...@apache.org on 2004/11/19 11:27:43 UTC

svn commit: r105803 - in httpd/test/trunk/perl-framework: . Apache-Test Apache-Test/lib/Apache Apache-Test/t Apache-Test/t/conf c-modules c-modules/authany c-modules/client_add_filter c-modules/eat_post c-modules/echo_post c-modules/echo_post_chunk c-modules/input_body_filter c-modules/list_modules c-modules/nntp_like c-modules/random_chunk c-modules/test_apr_uri c-modules/test_pass_brigade c-modules/test_rwrite c-modules/test_ssl t t/conf t/conf/ssl t/htdocs/modules/access/htaccess t/htdocs/modules/cgi t/htdocs/modules/rewrite t/modules

Author: jorton
Date: Fri Nov 19 02:27:41 2004
New Revision: 105803

Removed:
   httpd/test/trunk/perl-framework/.cvsignore
   httpd/test/trunk/perl-framework/Apache-Test/.cvsignore
   httpd/test/trunk/perl-framework/Apache-Test/lib/Apache/.cvsignore
   httpd/test/trunk/perl-framework/Apache-Test/t/.cvsignore
   httpd/test/trunk/perl-framework/Apache-Test/t/conf/.cvsignore
   httpd/test/trunk/perl-framework/c-modules/.cvsignore
   httpd/test/trunk/perl-framework/c-modules/authany/.cvsignore
   httpd/test/trunk/perl-framework/c-modules/client_add_filter/.cvsignore
   httpd/test/trunk/perl-framework/c-modules/eat_post/.cvsignore
   httpd/test/trunk/perl-framework/c-modules/echo_post/.cvsignore
   httpd/test/trunk/perl-framework/c-modules/echo_post_chunk/.cvsignore
   httpd/test/trunk/perl-framework/c-modules/input_body_filter/.cvsignore
   httpd/test/trunk/perl-framework/c-modules/list_modules/.cvsignore
   httpd/test/trunk/perl-framework/c-modules/nntp_like/.cvsignore
   httpd/test/trunk/perl-framework/c-modules/random_chunk/.cvsignore
   httpd/test/trunk/perl-framework/c-modules/test_apr_uri/.cvsignore
   httpd/test/trunk/perl-framework/c-modules/test_pass_brigade/.cvsignore
   httpd/test/trunk/perl-framework/c-modules/test_rwrite/.cvsignore
   httpd/test/trunk/perl-framework/c-modules/test_ssl/.cvsignore
   httpd/test/trunk/perl-framework/t/.cvsignore
   httpd/test/trunk/perl-framework/t/conf/.cvsignore
   httpd/test/trunk/perl-framework/t/conf/ssl/.cvsignore
   httpd/test/trunk/perl-framework/t/htdocs/modules/access/htaccess/.cvsignore
   httpd/test/trunk/perl-framework/t/htdocs/modules/cgi/.cvsignore
   httpd/test/trunk/perl-framework/t/htdocs/modules/rewrite/.cvsignore
   httpd/test/trunk/perl-framework/t/modules/.cvsignore
Log:
Remove .cvsignore files

Re: svn commit: r105803 - in httpd/test/trunk/perl-framework: . Apache-Test Apache-Test/lib/Apache Apache-Test/t Apache-Test/t/conf c-modules c-modules/authany c-modules/client_add_filter c-modules/eat_post c-modules/echo_post c-modules/echo_post_chunk c-modules/input_body_filter c-modules/list_modules c-modules/nntp_like c-modules/random_chunk c-modules/test_apr_uri c-modules/test_pass_brigade c-modules/test_rwrite c-modules/test_ssl t t/conf t/conf/ssl t/htdocs/modules/access/htaccess t/htdocs/modules/cgi t/htdocs/modules/rewrite t/modules

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Geoffrey Young wrote:
>>(For Geoff): the quick'n'easy way to add a file to svn:ignore is:
>>
>>  $ svn propedit svn:ignore .
>>
>>which brings up the property contents in $EDITOR.
>

> bah, I could have sworn I tried that, but I might not have had $EDITOR set
> properly.
>
> anyway, thanks for the tip.

Guys, can we have a cheatsheet somewhere, with this kind of tips. A full
doc is nice, but having the most relevant things for us will be the most
useful.

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.
> (For Geoff): the quick'n'easy way to add a file to svn:ignore is:
>
>   $ svn propedit svn:ignore .
>
> which brings up the property contents in $EDITOR.

bah, I could have sworn I tried that, but I might not have had $EDITOR set
properly.

anyway, thanks for the tip.

--Geoff

Re: svn commit: r105803 - etc

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Stas Bekman wrote:
> Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>> Joe Orton wrote:

>>> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-cvs&m=110085589310749&w=2
>>>
>>> Looks that way, yup.  infrastructure@ is who, I guess, if they're still
>>> awake ;)
>>

>> Thanks Joe. I've emailed the list.
>

> Justin says that this should be now fixed.

Not quite so:

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.

Re: svn commit: r105803 - etc

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.

Re: svn commit: r105803 - etc

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.
>> The .cvsignore properties were automatically added into the svn:ignore
>> properties by cvs2svn when the repos was converted, so when I removed
>> the .cvsignore files that's all I did, nothing else needed tweaking.
>

> Great! so Geoff, that means you can drop the .cvsignore files in the mp2
> tree I believe?

done.

--Geoff

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com>.
On Fri, Nov 19, 2004 at 03:23:46PM -0500, Stas Bekman wrote:
> Geoffrey Young wrote:
> >
> >>what's the replacement for .cvsignore under svn? I can't see where the
> >>data in .cvsignore has migrated to.
> >

> >each directory now has properties and one of those properties is which
> >files
> >to ignore.  see
>
> Yes, but how do I see the change? I've seen Joe removing .cvsignore files.
> I have no idea whether he has added the properties for each of the removed
> files or not. The changes should be emailed no?

The .cvsignore properties were automatically added into the svn:ignore
properties by cvs2svn when the repos was converted, so when I removed
the .cvsignore files that's all I did, nothing else needed tweaking.

When a propchange is committed a notification mail *will* be sent, but
the post-commit script won't actually tell you the before-and-after in
that case, it seems.  I'm not sure whether that's a deficiency of the
script being used or of SVN itself.

(For Geoff): the quick'n'easy way to add a file to svn:ignore is:

  $ svn propedit svn:ignore .

which brings up the property contents in $EDITOR.

joe

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

> what's the replacement for .cvsignore under svn? I can't see where the
> data in .cvsignore has migrated to.

each directory now has properties and one of those properties is which files
to ignore.  see

  http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/apas06.html

for metadata info in general,

  http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/ch07s02.html

for property foo, specifically grep for svn:ignore.

for other useful cvs to svn migration stuff

  http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.0/apa.html

is helpful if you haven't already seen it.

for me, I've found this entirely unintuitive, since I can't seem to find a
way to _add_ files to ignore without first gleaning which are currently
ignored from .svn/.  that is, since there seems to be no propadd option, I'm
left with recreating .cvsignore from .svn/dir-props, adding the new file to
ignore, then slurping up .cvsignore svn propset.  and I always seem to cause
some sort of conflict when I want to set properties on . instead of a
directory below it.

so, if anyone has any pointers here, that would be great :)

--Geoff

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.