Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Andreas Beeker <ki...@apache.org> on 2015/05/12 01:47:22 UTC

site update - svn differences through linebreaks

Hi,

the site updates result in quite a lot of differences when I update them on my Windows box
using jdk 1.7.0_72.

I've noticed two issues:
- javadocs are not always ordered the same way
- linebreak differences

For the the javadocs I've already changed the svn properties to linux-only (lf) linebreaks
and use "find . -type f -name "*.html" -exec sed -i 's/\x0d//g' {} \+" before commit.

@linebreaks: I'll change all failing commits to linux-only (lf) linebreaks.
@javadoc order: a quick search didn't give any results, maybe you have a hint?

Andi

Re: site update - svn differences through linebreaks

Posted by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org>.
On Tue, 12 May 2015, Andreas Beeker wrote:
> the site updates result in quite a lot of differences when I update them
> on my Windows box using jdk 1.7.0_72.
>
> I've noticed two issues:
> - javadocs are not always ordered the same way
> - linebreak differences
>
> For the the javadocs I've already changed the svn properties to
> linux-only (lf) linebreaks and use "find . -type f -name "*.html" -exec
> sed -i 's/\x0d//g' {} \+" before commit.
>
> @linebreaks: I'll change all failing commits to linux-only (lf) linebreaks.

I think there might be some sort of linebreak difference in a menu
somewhere, I've just rebuild the site and found a few differing with blank
lines in the menus in the poifs directory

> @javadoc order: a quick search didn't give any results, maybe you have a
> hint?

I can't find anything to help so far. It looks like they did some fixes
back in 2004 to get the ordering consistent between multiple runs of the
same JDK, but I can't see anything on having it consistent between
different JDKs

For now, I'll rebuild the site on my machine, and try to keep the site
updated until the next beta, and we'll just expect another big shift then!

Nick