Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Matt Foley <ma...@apache.org> on 2011/10/04 00:53:56 UTC

Target Versions field vs Fixed Versions field

Hi all,
With the help of our friendly Hadoop community Jira admins, we now have a
"Target Version/s" field as well as the "Fixed Version/s" field in Jira.
Unfortunately if the Target Versions field is empty it doesn't show in the
Jira display pages, but if you put target versions in it, it shows up just
below the other "Details" fields in the top part of the page.

You can specify Target Versions by editing the jira.  The Target Versions
input field is near the bottom of the Edits page.  You can type into it or
make pull-down choices in it, exactly the same as the Fixed Versions field.

Going forward, please express your plans or desires for fixes in the "Target
Versions" field.
Use the "Fixed Versions" field only when you have actually committed a fix
to a particular version's branch.
The goal is to make "Target Versions" mean "should be fixed in", but "Fixed
Versions" means "fix has been committed to".

Any questions, please ask on common-dev so everybody can get clear.
Cross-posted (via BCC) to common-issues, because not all Jira users follow
common-dev; please respond only on common-dev.

Thanks,
--Matt