Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk> on 2015/08/15 12:21:07 UTC

Ready for a 1.9.0 release?

Hi folks (send this to dev ML, cc'ing the users ML)

Just to say that we're well overdue for a release - and I've well aware
that Ive semi-promised to cut a release for several of the last months and
then not done so.

So this is to say that I'm intending to cut a release next weekend (ie
22/23rd Aug), unless anyone in this coming week finds a show-stopper.

I'd appreciate it if you could to upgrade to the latest snapshot (which
includes moving up to the latest-n-greatest DN 4.1), and also (optionally)
to port your app to using the new AppManifest stuff (should simplify
bootstrapping and long term maintainability).  The migration notes [1]
should help

~~~
And, after 1.9.0 is released, what do people think about moving to a more
regular schedule, eg once every month?  I know that Apache Wicket and
Apache Deltaspike are able to maintain this sort of schedule; our release
procedures are now reasonably well documented/automated [2] so I think it'd
be good to follow this practice.  Thoughts?

Thanks all
Dan

[1]
http://isis.apache.org/migration-notes.html#_release-notes_migration-notes_1.8.0-to-1.9.0
[2] http://isis.apache.org/guides/cg.html#_cg_committers_cutting-a-release

Re: Ready for a 1.9.0 release?

Posted by GESCONSULTOR <o....@gesconsultor.com>.
Ok Dan.

We will upgrade our project as is to latest snapshot to verify compatibility.

Finally we will be able to do it this week.

Keep you informed.

Cheers!

Re: Ready for a 1.9.0 release?

Posted by GESCONSULTOR <o....@gesconsultor.com>.
Ok Dan.

Re: Ready for a 1.9.0 release?

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
Hi Oscar,

Re: Ready for a 1.9.0 release?

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
Hi Oscar,

Re: Ready for a 1.9.0 release?

Posted by GESCONSULTOR - Óscar Bou <o....@gesconsultor.com>.
Hi Dan.

   http://www.twitter.com/oscarbou <http://www.twitter.com/oscarbou>

   http://es.linkedin.com/in/oscarbou <http://es.linkedin.com/in/oscarbou>

Re: Ready for a 1.9.0 release?

Posted by GESCONSULTOR - Óscar Bou <o....@gesconsultor.com>.
Hi Dan.

Re: Ready for a 1.9.0 release?

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.

Re: Ready for a 1.9.0 release?

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.

Re: Ready for a 1.9.0 release?

Posted by Kevin Meyer <ke...@kmz.co.za>.
Hi Dan,

Excellent news - I'm planning on giving a presentation at work on the
latest Apache Isis, but I'm waiting until after the next release.

--
Kevin Meyer
Ljubljana, Slovenia

Re: Ready for a 1.9.0 release?