Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Chris Rovers <ch...@mks.com> on 2004/12/07 16:41:02 UTC

Problem running Maven war for jetspeed 1.5

Hi,

Trying to install jetspeed 1.5 on Solaris x86 (we will be running
Solaris sparc - this is the budgetless pilot :).

Running the Java SDK 1.4.2

When I type 'maven war' it all seems to work, right up until :

    [junit] Running org.apache.jetspeed.services.registry.TestCastor
    [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 3.382
sec
    [junit] Running
org.apache.jetspeed.services.registry.TestMarshallRegistry
    [junit] INFO - loading component: name=torque
class=org.apache.torque.Torque
config=webapp/WEB-INF/conf/Torque.properties
    [junit] INFO - loading component: name=fulcrum
class=org.apache.fulcrum.Fulcrum
config=webapp/WEB-INF/conf/Fulcrum.properties
    [junit] INFO - Finished initializing all services!
    [junit] Tests run: 4, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.964
sec
    [junit] Running
org.apache.jetspeed.services.registry.TestRegistryPersistence
    [junit] INFO - loading component: name=torque
class=org.apache.torque.Torque
config=webapp/WEB-INF/conf/Torque.properties
    [junit] INFO - loading component: name=fulcrum
class=org.apache.fulcrum.Fulcrum
config=webapp/WEB-INF/conf/Fulcrum.properties
    [junit] INFO - Finished initializing all services!
    [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.068
sec
    [junit] Running org.apache.jetspeed.services.search.TestSearch
    [junit] INFO - loading component: name=torque
class=org.apache.torque.Torque
config=webapp/WEB-INF/conf/Torque.properties
    [junit] INFO - loading component: name=fulcrum
class=org.apache.fulcrum.Fulcrum
config=webapp/WEB-INF/conf/Fulcrum.properties
    [junit] INFO - Finished initializing all services!

At that point it hangs... It has been sitting there for about 15 hours
now.  Previously, I tried just killing the hanging process (a java
process) and that made it continue, but, of course, it complained that
some tests failed.

What should I be looking at?

-cdr

Re: Problem running Maven war for jetspeed 1.5

Posted by Aline Grente <al...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

I use Jetspeed 2 behind a proxy.
I ve already set CATALINA_OPTS but I ve an exception in RSS portlet :
Failed to process RSS Feed: http://www.npr.org/rss/rss.php?topicId=4,
java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

Has anybody seen this?

thanks

Aline

RE: Problem running Maven war for jetspeed 1.5

Posted by Sebastien BLANC <sb...@e-id.nl>.
Hi,
I had the same problem, but if you don't mind about the tests you can
skip them by typing : maven -Dmaven.test.skip=true war , it will no
longer hangs ...