Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl> on 2012/08/16 09:00:06 UTC

Learning Git (was: [RESULT][VOTE] Branching Strategy and SCM)

Anyone know of a good place to start learning to use Git in general
and Git with Eclipse in particular?

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

P.S. I would like everybody to know that as of this morning I broke my
personal record for days lived.

RE: Learning Git (was: [RESULT][VOTE] Branching Strategy and SCM)

Posted by "Michael A. Labriola" <la...@digitalprimates.net>.
Also:

http://www.cfobjective.com/cfo/assets/file/pdfs/simeonbatemangit.pdf

If you search, this was recorded at an event called Flash in the City, and you might be able to find the video somewhere online. Resources section at the end is also gold.

Mike

Re: Learning Git (was: [RESULT][VOTE] Branching Strategy and SCM)

Posted by aYo ~ <ay...@binitie.com>.
Thanks, this will be very useful
~a~
www.ayobinitie.com
http://mrbinitie.blogspot.com

Posted by Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com>.

On 8/16/12 9 :46AM, "labriola@digitalprimates.net"
<la...@digitalprimates.net> wrote:

>>Anyone know of a good place to start learning to use Git in general and
>>Git with Eclipse in particular?
>
>If you *really* want to understand Git, there is an excellent book called
>ProGit:
>
>http://git-scm.com/book

I agree.  I found it a few days ago and I've read a lot of it already.

Carol

RE: Learning Git (was: [RESULT][VOTE] Branching Strategy and SCM)

Posted by "Michael A. Labriola" <la...@digitalprimates.net>.

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
We should have this link as the main reference for our "methodology" for
GIT:

nvie.com/posts/a-successful-git-branching-model

Then for people that never use GIT I recommend the following free book:

http://git-scm.com/book

And you can start installing GIT on your system and making some testing.

You can as well fork the flex git from

git://git.apache.org/flex.git

For free client tooling:

* MAC: SourceTree
* Windows: SmartGit

2012/8/16 Maxime Cowez <ma...@gmail.com>

> The GitHub help page (https://help.github.com/) is a pretty good place to
> get started.
> And after that:
> http://rogerdudler.github.com/git-guide/
> http://git-scm.com/
> http://gitref.org/
> or http://gitcasts.com/ if you prefer video's
> and of course http://nvie.com/posts/a-successful-git-branching-model/ for
> the branching model.
> Max
>
> On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 9:00 AM, Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl> wrote:
>
> > Anyone know of a good place to start learning to use Git in general
> > and Git with Eclipse in particular?
> >
> > EdB
> >

> > --
> > Ix Multimedia Software
> >
> > Jan Luykenstraat 27
> > 3521 VB Utrecht
> >
> > T. 06-51952295
> > I. www.ixsoftware.nl
> >

> > P.S. I would like everybody to know that as of this morning I broke my
> > personal record for days lived.

--
Carlos Rovira
Director de Tecnología

Re: Learning Git (was: [RESULT][VOTE] Branching Strategy and SCM)

Posted by Maxime Cowez <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 9:00 AM, Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl> wrote:
> Anyone know of a good place to start learning to use Git in general
> and Git with Eclipse in particular?

I have a number of links at http://delicious.com/bdelacretaz/git

-Bertrand