Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Pascal Robert <pr...@druide.com> on 2017/07/25 18:42:54 UTC

Render queue error in BeforeRenderTemplate when using a SelectModel

Hi,

Coming from the WebObject world here. I’m trying to build a select input, but it’s not working. The error:

ERROR [2017-07-25 18:28:22,181] bootique-http-33 o.a.t.m.T.RequestExceptionHandler: Processing of request failed with uncaught exception: org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.OperationException: Render queue error in BeforeRenderTemplate[PagePrincipale:gabarit]: org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.util.TapestryException [at classpath:com/druide/tests/pages/PagePrincipale.tml, line 60]
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
	at org.apache.tapestry5.internal.util.SelectModelRenderer.option(SelectModelRenderer.java:52)
	at org.apache.tapestry5.util.AbstractSelectModel.visitOptions(AbstractSelectModel.java:54)
	at org.apache.tapestry5.util.AbstractSelectModel.visit(AbstractSelectModel.java:46)
	at org.apache.tapestry5.corelib.components.Select.options(Select.java:462)
Wrapped by: org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.util.TapestryException: null
Wrapped by: org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.OperationException: Render queue error in BeforeRenderTemplate[PagePrincipale:gabarit]: org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.util.TapestryException

The call:

  @Property
  private SelectModel selectionMV;

  @Inject
  SelectModelFactory selectModelFactory;

  @Property
  private MachineVirtuelle selectionMachineVirtuelle;

  @Property
  private MachineVirtuelleEncoder encoder;

  void setupRender() {
    List<MachineVirtuelle> gabarits = getGabarits();
    selectionMV = selectModelFactory.create(gabarits, "nom");
  }

	<t:form>
		<t:select t:id="gabarit" value="selectionMachineVirtuelle"
			model="selectionMV" encoder="encoder" />
	</t:form>

I get the exception from the call to selectModelFactory.create, and the « gabarits » list is not empty. « nom » is an attribute of MachineVirtuelle.

Re: Render queue error in BeforeRenderTemplate when using a SelectModel

Posted by Pascal Robert <pr...@druide.com>.
That one worked. I was trying to implement this instead:

http://tapestry.apache.org/using-select-with-a-list.html

Posted by JumpStart <ge...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pascal Robert <pr...@druide.com>.
> Le 26 juil. 2017 à 09:26, Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 3:42 PM, Pascal Robert <pr...@druide.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>

> Hi!
>

>> Coming from the WebObject world here. I’m trying to build a select input,
>> but it’s not working. The error:
>>

> Interesting! As far as I remember, WebObjects was the initial inspiration
> for Howard Lewis Ship creating Tapestry.

That’s what I heard. So far, I do like some WebObjects magic is doing. Thanks for KVC, no need to build up encoders and the like. But well, we didn’t get any external releases of WO since 2008...

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.