Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Oscar Castaneda <os...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/01 01:17:57 UTC

Re: GSoc08 Applications: Integrate Google services in SCA compositions + Allow Google Android applications to easily consume business services

Hi,

Following Jean-Sebastien's comments I've added a Use case to my draft
proposal for the "Integrate Google services in SCA compositions" GSoc08
project. I also revised the deliverables to make sure they were aligned with
the overall idea. The proposal can be found at:

http://wiki.apache.org/general/OscarCastaneda/GSoC2008/Integrate_Google_services_in_SCA_compositions

I greatly appreciate your comments on the Use case (now that the GSoc
deadline has been extended). I'm worried that it might not be realistic. I'm
also wondering if I should include a similar Use case for the Android
project. I briefly revised the proposal for this project as well, comments
or suggestions are also welcome. The proposal can be found here:

http://wiki.apache.org/general/OscarCastaneda/GSoC2008/Allow_Google_Android_applications_to_easily_consume_business_services

In preparation for final submission of the proposals I have posted the
updated content on the GSoc webapp. I would like to thank Jean-Sebastien
again for his valuable help and most insightful comments.

best,
-oscar

Oscar Castañeda
Student of Delft University of Technology
http://homepage.mac.com/o.castaneda/

Posted by Oscar Castaneda <os...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
First, I would like to thank the Tuscany community for all the support in
creating my proposals. Jean-Sebastien's help was especially valuable in this
process.

This week I also requested comments from one of my professors. Hopefully,
this will be the final version of my proposal, but comments and/or
suggestions are still welcome.

I have posted the revised versions of my proposals in the wiki and in the
GSoc webapp.

Posted by Adriano Crestani <ad...@apache.org>.
Hi Oscar,

The proposal is really good. It look likes what I was trying to do a week
ago. Unfortunately, I had no success yet on running the calculator sample on
SCA due to a lot of Android platform limitations has and a poor support from
Android community : (

But for sure, with your help, we can get this sample running soon : )

Just let me know if you have some doubts or other ideas/suggestions : )

Welcome on board ; )

Adriano Crestani