Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Pham Anh Tuan <an...@ichi-corp.jp> on 2006/03/21 12:46:28 UTC

[HELP] how to locate web-app_2_3.dtd on local ?

hi all,

I have a trouble in setting web-app_2_3.dtd for running on local, don't connect to internet, I use Tomcat 5.5.9 I did like below:

I lay web-app_2_3.dtd in WEB-INF

I set in web.xml:
<!DOCTYPE web-app SYSTEM "web-app_2_3.dtd">

but when I run my web app, error occurs :

Unable to initialize TldLocationsCache: XML parsing error on file /WEB-INF/web.xmlI try to type index.do, but error occurs again:  javax.servlet.ServletException: C:\WINDOWS\system32\web-app_2_3.dtd (The system cannot find the file specified)I don't know what's wrong, hiz ... help me :(thanks in advance!bowlkhin

Re: [HELP] how to locate web-app_2_3.dtd on local ?

Posted by David Delbecq <de...@oma.be>.
Use

<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application
2.3//EN" "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd">

This header is mandatory in j2ee specs for servlets 2.3.

Posted by Markus Schönhaber <ma...@schoenhaber.de>.
Pham Anh Tuan wrote:
> I have a trouble in setting web-app_2_3.dtd for running on local, don't
> connect to internet, I use Tomcat 5.5.9 I did like below:
>
> I lay web-app_2_3.dtd in WEB-INF
>
> I set in web.xml:
> <!DOCTYPE web-app SYSTEM "web-app_2_3.dtd">
>
> but when I run my web app, error occurs :
>
> Unable to initialize TldLocationsCache: XML parsing error on file
> /WEB-INF/web.xmlI try to type index.do, but error occurs again:
> javax.servlet.ServletException: C:\WINDOWS\system32\web-app_2_3.dtd (The
> system cannot find the file specified)I don't know what's wrong, hiz ...
> help me :(thanks in advance!bowlkhin

You could try to set the SYSTEM identifier to point to the absolute location
of the DTD file, i. e. something like
<!DOCTYPE web-app SYSTEM "C:\your\path\to\web-app_2_3.dtd">

OTOH: is the validation of web.xml on startup really required? If not, simply
remove the <!DOCTYPE ...> from web.xml. Tomcat 5.5 will regard any Context as
Servlet 2.3 compliant if the web.xml doesn't say otherwise.
IIRC, validation of web.xml and TLDs is disabled by default. So you may have
explictitly turned it on and may have to revert this.

Regards
  mks