Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jack Cai <gr...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/01 15:23:54 UTC

[Question] Why SAAJ RI in trunk?

We depend on SAAJ RI instead of axis2-saaj. I think axis2-saaj implements
SAAJ 1.3, which are used in Geronimo 2.1 (Java EE 5). And I thought Java EE
6 still requires SAAJ 1.3. Can someone shed some light here?

-Jack

Re: [Question] Why SAAJ RI in trunk?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Tuesday 01 June 2010 9:23:54 am Jack Cai wrote:
> We depend on SAAJ RI instead of axis2-saaj. I think axis2-saaj implements
> SAAJ 1.3, which are used in Geronimo 2.1 (Java EE 5). And I thought Java EE
> 6 still requires SAAJ 1.3. Can someone shed some light here?

Doesn't trunk require Java6?   If so, why depend on SAAJ at all?   Just use
the version built into the JDK.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: [Question] Why SAAJ RI in trunk?

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.
Axis2 SAAJ implementation was not (and still might not be) a
standalone implementation. It required at least the axis2-kernel
module and axis2-kernel required a bunch of other dependencies. The
RI, however, has no other external dependencies.

With OSGi kernel and different bundling options we might be able to
just use Axis2 SAAJ implementation but it's been a while since I've
looked at this.

Jarek

Posted by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com>.
On 6/1/2010 9:23 AM, Jack Cai wrote:
> We depend on SAAJ RI instead of axis2-saaj. I think axis2-saaj
> implements SAAJ 1.3, which are used in Geronimo 2.1 (Java EE 5). And I
> thought Java EE 6 still requires SAAJ 1.3. Can someone shed some light
> here?

I guess the first question I'd ask is whether the axis2-saaj version has
dependencies on other portions of axis2?  That might make it difficult
to use with CXF.

Java EE 6 does require SAAJ, but only in the full profile, not the Web
Profile.

Rick