Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Andreas Schildbach <an...@schildbach.de> on 2004/02/06 19:30:18 UTC

Re: svnadmin dump of repository hangs after a single revision is dump ed - Windows 2000

Kyle Joe-CNST08 wrote:

> When I try to dump my repository with svnadmin dump, "* Dumped revision 0" is output, and the file gradually grows to a size that's appropriate for what would be in the revision 1 dump, but then hangs.  It does not proceed to subsequent revisions, and svnadmin does not exit, it just sits there.  Looking at the dump file, it contains a section for revision 0, then a section for revision 1, followed by lots of content that looks like what should probably be there, though I'm not sure if everything is there or not.

While "svnadmin recover" is a workaround for this problem, does anyone
know if the "hang" bug has been fixed in 0.37?

Regards,

Andreas

Re: svnadmin dump of repository hangs after a single revision is dump ed - Windows 2000

Posted by Andreas Schildbach <an...@schildbach.de>.
>> While "svnadmin recover" is a workaround for this problem, does anyone
>>know if the "hang" bug has been fixed in 0.37?
>
> I don't think it's a general bug.  It looks like his repository just
> need recovery.

Well, a repository needing a recovery should cause an error message, but
not a hang.

Regards,

Andreas

Re: svnadmin dump of repository hangs after a single revision is dump ed - Windows 2000

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.