Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Damoder Reddy <Da...@citrix.com> on 2014/07/18 08:02:40 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Adding a plugin to check the password strength of all users

Hi all,

I am thinking to add a plugin which enables to check the password strength of a user while setting/resetting the password for that user.
why as a plugin because different companies may have a different rule sets to check the password strength.

The default implementation will have the password strength calculation based on the following parameters
1. Length of the password
2. Number of Character Sets involved in the password defined. For ex, Upper Case Letter, Lower Case letter, Digits and special character set.

Ay suggestions/Comments?

Thanks
Damoder

Re: [PROPOSAL] Adding a plugin to check the password strength of all users

Posted by Damoder Reddy <Da...@citrix.com>.
For the first part I am planning to add parameters to global settings.

But for the 2nd part I think it depends on where we are integrating this plugin.

To start with I will integrate it with abstract layer of Authenticator implementations and we can override in the corresponding authenticator on need basis.

Thanks
Damoder/

Posted by Demetrius Tsitrelis <De...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Damoder Reddy <Da...@citrix.com>.