Posted to user@hivemind.apache.org by Hugo Palma <hu...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/13 17:33:09 UTC

JMX in weblogic 8

Hi all,

i'm trying to use hivemind-jmx in weblogic 8.
I'm getting the following error below when i try to register the
NamingServiceMBean. It seems to me that it's trying to create another rmi
server.
The question is, why doesn't it connect to the existing server instead of
trying to register a new one ?

Also, weblogic 8 JMX implementation is version 1.0. Could that be the cause
?

java.rmi.server.ExportException: internal error: ObjID already in use
    at sun.rmi.transport.ObjectTable.putTarget(ObjectTable.java:168)
    at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.exportObject(Transport.java:69)
    at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.exportObject(TCPTransport.java
:190)
    at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.exportObject(TCPEndpoint.java:382)
    at sun.rmi.transport.LiveRef.exportObject(LiveRef.java:116)
    at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.exportObject(UnicastServerRef.java
:145)
    at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl.setup(RegistryImpl.java:92)
    at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl. (RegistryImpl.java:78)
    at java.rmi.registry.LocateRegistry.createRegistry(LocateRegistry.java
:164)
    at org.apache.hivemind.management.mbeans.NamingService.start(
NamingService.java:80)
    ... 56 more

Thanks,

Hugo

Re: JMX in weblogic 8

Posted by Hugo Palma <hu...@gmail.com>.
Right now i'm just trying to find them using MC4J JMX console......

Re: JMX in weblogic 8

Posted by Hugo Palma <hu...@gmail.com>.
phew, finally got this working......

In order to get this to work i had to provide my own MBeanServerFactory
implementation. My guess is that as weblogic JMX server is 1.0 the default
implementation was returning the wrong server instance. Anyway, in my
implementation all i have to do is get the correct server instance from the
server JNDI tree.
And that's it, everything works fine now....

Thanks Achim for all the tips....

Re: JMX in weblogic 8

Posted by Achim Hügen <ac...@gmx.de>.

Re: JMX in weblogic 8