Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by James Peach <jo...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/24 00:28:32 UTC

writing a scheduler against the v1 C++ API

Hi all,

I was going to kick the tires by trying to write a toy scheduler against the v1 C++ API. Is the v1 API ready enough that that is a reasonable thing to try to do?

Re: writing a scheduler against the v1 C++ API

Posted by Anand Mazumdar <an...@mesosphere.io>.
James,

Mesos 0.24 included experimental support for the Scheduler V1 API. So, it is indeed quite an reasonable thing to do and provide us feedback. :)

- You can have a look at the C++ low level v1 scheduler library:
 https://github.com/apache/mesos/blob/master/include/mesos/v1/scheduler.hpp <https://github.com/apache/mesos/blob/master/include/mesos/v1/scheduler.hpp>
- An example C++ framework using the v1 API:
https://github.com/apache/mesos/blob/master/src/examples/event_call_framework.cpp <https://github.com/apache/mesos/blob/master/src/examples/event_call_framework.cpp>
- Unit tests depicting the C++ library usage:
https://github.com/apache/mesos/blob/master/src/tests/scheduler_tests.cpp <https://github.com/apache/mesos/blob/master/src/tests/scheduler_tests.cpp>
- V1 API Docs:
http://mesos.apache.org/documentation/latest/scheduler-http-api/ <http://mesos.apache.org/documentation/latest/scheduler-http-api/>

-anand