Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Sandy McArthur <sa...@apache.org> on 2006/03/12 17:08:45 UTC

Maven changelog help

I'm trying to prep the Pool 1.3 branch and I'm unable to get the Maven
Changelog plugin to produce anything other than just the last 30 days.

I've added the following to the project.properties:
maven.changelog.type=date
maven.changelog.date=2004-06-07

http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/plugins/changelog/

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/building.html says I need Maven
1.0.2 which I got. Was type=date support added in Maven 1.1? Should I
use 1.1 instead?
--
Sandy McArthur

- Thomas Paine

Re: Maven changelog help

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Sandy McArthur wrote:
> I'm trying to prep the Pool 1.3 branch and I'm unable to get the Maven
> Changelog plugin to produce anything other than just the last 30 days.
>
> I've added the following to the project.properties:
> maven.changelog.type=date
> maven.changelog.date=2004-06-07
>
> http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/plugins/changelog/
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/building.html says I need Maven
> 1.0.2 which I got. Was type=date support added in Maven 1.1? Should I
> use 1.1 instead?

I did some tests and found that this does not work with
maven-changelog-plugin 1.7.2, which is the one shipped with Maven 1.0.2.
Using version 1.8.1 made it work.

If you have a look at the file "pluginUpdate.txt" in commons-build you
will find an entry there for changelog that suggest that you should
upgrade to version 1.8.2.

Or else you can add this section to the project.xml for pool:

     <dependency>
       <groupId>maven</groupId>
       <artifactId>maven-changelog-plugin</artifactId>
       <version>1.8.2</version>
       <url>http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/plugins/changelog/</url>
       <type>plugin</type>
       <properties>
           <comment>
               &lt;strong&gt;Site Only&lt;/strong&gt; - v1.8.2 (minimum)
           </comment>
       </properties>
     </dependency>

--