Posted to dev@continuum.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2009/07/28 12:59:44 UTC

Re: svn commit: r786863 [1/2] - in /continuum/branches/continuum-1.3.x: continuum-api/src/main/java/org/apache/continuum/builder/distributed/manager/ continuum-api/src/main/java/org/apache/continuum/buildmanager/ continuum-api/src/main/java/org/apache/cont...

Hi Jev,

On 21/06/2009, at 3:07 AM, jzurbano@apache.org wrote:

> Author: jzurbano
> Date: Sat Jun 20 17:07:08 2009
> New Revision: 786863

> Log:
> [CONTINUUM-565] - Forced builds should say who (which continuum
> user) forced the build. added BuildTrigger class and used it in
> place of int (trigger) when building. updated unit tests.

Just catching up and got confused... this change was limited to trunk,
right? It wasn't rolled back completely?

What is the impact of the API change here? Does it affect the XMLRPC
interfaces that let distributed builds talk to each other (ie 1.3.x
and 1.4.x)?

- Brett

Posted by "Jevica Arianne B. Zurbano" <je...@gmail.com>.
Hi Brett,

Brett Porter wrote:
> Hi Jev,
>
> On 21/06/2009, at 3:07 AM, jzurbano@apache.org wrote:
>
>> Author: jzurbano
>> Date: Sat Jun 20 17:07:08 2009
>> New Revision: 786863

>> Log:
>> [CONTINUUM-565] - Forced builds should say who (which continuum user)
>> forced the build. added BuildTrigger class and used it in place of
>> int (trigger) when building. updated unit tests.
>

> Just catching up and got confused... this change was limited to trunk,
> right? It wasn't rolled back completely?
Yes. This is just limited to trunk and commits made to 1.3.x were
reverted in r786891.

> What is the impact of the API change here? Does it affect the XMLRPC
> interfaces that let distributed builds talk to each other (ie 1.3.x
> and 1.4.x)?
Running a 1.4.x server with 1.3.x buildagent is fine, empty String is
displayed for the "Triggered by" field in build result.

But, running a 1.3.x server with 1.4.x buildagent will cause errors.

> - Brett

Thanks for pointing those out. Which I will be adding in docs. :)

Jev