Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Emin Akbulut <em...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/14 13:21:04 UTC

URIBL_BLOCKED ADMINISTRATOR NOTICE: The query to URIBL was blocked.

Hi

URIBL checks are blocked. I think bec. of so many queries. I'm advised to
set up conditional forwarder on Windows DNS Server.

I've added uribl.com as DNS zone and  54.149.125.143 as IP.

SA still tags the messages.

How can I set the DNS conditional forwarders properly?

Re: URIBL_BLOCKED ADMINISTRATOR NOTICE: The query to URIBL was blocked.

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.eu>.
Emin Akbulut skrev den 2017-02-14 14:21:

> How can I set the DNS conditional forwarders properly?

setup spamasassin to use 127.0.0.1 as dns server, not any remote ips

i dont know anything on how windows works :=)

Re: Fwd: Fwd: URIBL_BLOCKED ADMINISTRATOR NOTICE: The query to URIBL was blocked.

Posted by Bowie Bailey <Bo...@BUC.com>.
On 2/14/2017 10:01 AM, Emin Akbulut wrote:

> [...]

The page you referenced actually showed how to do that.

C:\> nslookup -querytype=ns uribl.com
uribl.com       nameserver = v.uribl.net
uribl.com       nameserver = o.icudp.com
uribl.com       nameserver = c.sarules.net
uribl.com       nameserver = p.icudp.net

c.sarules.net   internet address = 52.9.94.53
o.icudp.com     internet address = 54.149.125.143
p.icudp.net     internet address = 94.228.131.217
v.uribl.net     internet address = 52.71.102.73

The IP addresses listed are all nameservers for uribl.com.

> Now my DNS server runs like a DNS server, uses root DNS servers to
> resolve names.

A much better idea.

> fbb
> I think I should "subscibe" to uribl's paid system if any.

You don't need to unless you continue to get blocked.  Or if you just
want to support them.

Before you think about paying, make absolutely sure that you are
querying them directly.  The paid service still won't work (afaik) if
you are using forwarding.

--
Bowie

Fwd: Fwd: URIBL_BLOCKED ADMINISTRATOR NOTICE: The query to URIBL was blocked.

Posted by Emin Akbulut <em...@gmail.com>.

addresses for uribl.com, etc.

Posted by Bowie Bailey <Bo...@BUC.com>.
On 2/14/2017 9:27 AM, Emin Akbulut wrote:
> I'm confused a bit. Should I use forwarders or not?
> I was trying to follow that guide:
>
> ---------------------------------
>
>     As your issue with UTIBL_BLOCKED is a well-known one
>
>     I would like to point you the FAQ section of  our homepage:
>
>     http://www.jam-software.com/spamassassin_in_a_box/online_manual/EN/configuredns.html
>     <http://www.jam-software.com/spamassassin_in_a_box/online_manual/EN/configuredns.html>
>
>     Here you will find detailed information on how to configure
>
>     a Microsoft Windows DNS server to do a conditional forwarding.

That page is a bit confusing since it shows screenshots of the DNS query
results, but never actually shows a screenshot of the setting you are
supposed to be changing.

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.eu>.
Emin Akbulut skrev den 2017-02-14 15:27:
> I'm confused a bit. Should I use forwarders or not?

no stop any forward dns

> I was trying to follow that guide:

i do not care of windows problems here

use spamasassin docs on how to use specific ip as dns server, but not
global, only for spamassassin you should stay at 127.0.0.1, you windows
problemativ dns server should do the rest for you, if it still not
working ask where thay know more about windows then here

Fwd: URIBL_BLOCKED ADMINISTRATOR NOTICE: The query to URIBL was blocked.

Posted by Emin Akbulut <em...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.eu>.
Emin Akbulut skrev den 2017-02-14 16:03:
> It's Gmail. When I hit the reply button, it only sends the last
> poster, -in this reply, it's you and I manually added users@-

gmail ignores List-* headers, leading to much more problems then users
using gmail

if you need more support on there broken gmail ask them

Re: URIBL_BLOCKED ADMINISTRATOR NOTICE: The query to URIBL was blocked.

Posted by Emin Akbulut <em...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emin Akbulut <em...@gmail.com>.

Posted by RW <rw...@googlemail.com>.
Emin Akbulut wrote:

> Hi
>
> URIBL checks are blocked. I think bec. of so many queries. I'm
> advised to set up conditional forwarder on Windows DNS Server.

If you mean that you should *stop* forwarding this traffic than that
is correct. You need to be doing your own look-ups to the
whitelist/blacklist servers from your own IP address, forwarding to a
shared server is what causes the problem.

> How can I set the DNS conditional forwarders properly?

This is a question about Windows.