Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Enis Söztutar <en...@apache.org> on 2014/09/09 09:31:05 UTC

Cutting 0.99.0 RC tomorrow

Hi,

Just a heads up. You may have noticed that I kicked around ~150 jiras out
of 0.99.0 in preparation for the first RC for 0.99.0 developer release.
Please feel free to update the issues. Some of those, I moved it to 2.0
line if there does not seem enough interest. But please feel free to bring
it back in otherwise.

I'll continue testing the branch, deploying it in a cluster, and setting up
my env for the RC tomorrow, and hopefully cut the first RC. This is my
first time RM'ing a release, so it is taking a bit longer than expected.

In order for a sooner 1.0, we may end up with just 0.99.0 and a quick
0.99.1 releases, and convert 0.99.2 into 1.0.0 depending on the remaining
work.

As usual, please feel free to raise some issues against 0.99.x tag or link
to HBASE-10856.

Wish me luck.
Enis