Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> on 2012/10/04 14:10:20 UTC

'Apache Mobile First' ?

Hi,

just ran into this one:

https://twitter.com/smashingmag/status/253794604967669760

searching in my mail-account for 'apachemobilefilter' I do see it
being mentioned with the DeviceMap proposal - but is that project
_closely_ connected ?

I think the following sentence is/was kinda confusing:
"Apache Mobile Filter is the easiest way to detect mobile devices.
AMF is a suite of tools that allow access to a Device Repository (such
as WURFL, DetectRight, 51Degrees or others) directly from Apache"

Thx,
Matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf

Re: 'Apache Mobile First' ?

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Ha!

two minutes later - the tweet has been deleted :-D

But it was linking to this page => http://www.apachemobilefilter.org/

-Matthias

Re: 'Apache Mobile First' ?

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>.
On 4 October 2012 15:48, Idel Fuschini <id...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So I need to change my domain name ?

Not necessarily. The ASF isn't in the business of shutting people down
- that's kind of counter to everything we are all trying to achieve.
All we want to do is remove confusion for end users. For this reason,
you do need permission from our VP Trademarks to use our marks in ways
that do not class as normative use.

The right thing to do is to engage with the trademarks@apache.org list
(I've again addressed that list in this reply). The people over there
will work with you to ensure there is no confusion for end-users and
thus ASF marks are not infringed. Shane (our VP Brand Management) is a
nice guy, he'll be happy to work with you as opposed to against you
:-)

Ross

OpenDirective http://opendirective.com

Re: 'Apache Mobile First' ?