Posted to mailet-api@james.apache.org by Matthew Wells <ma...@naturalobjects.co.uk> on 2010/09/29 23:27:15 UTC

Possible to deploy standard-mailets-1.0 onto james-server 2.3.2?

  Is it possible to deploy standard-mailets-1.0 onto james-server 2.3.2
and also
to develop custom mailets against mailet-api-2.4 (using mailet-base-1.1?),
again whilst running on james-server 2.3.2?

I have spent a day trying to achieve this and testing with the
AddSubjectPrefix mailet,
but have not found a combination of libraries that doesn't throw exceptions.

If it is possible could someone provide the exact libraries required and
how to apply
them to an instance of 2.3.2 running on localhost?

This issue
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAILET-24
has raised my concerns, but I don't fully understand the implications.
Thanks
Matthew

--
Matthew Wells
Natural Objects Ltd

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Any unauthorised distribution or copying is strictly prohibited. Whilst Natural Objects Ltd takes steps to prevent the transmission of viruses via e-mail, we cannot guarantee that any email or attachment is free from computer viruses and you are strongly advised to undertake your own anti-virus precautions. Natural Objects Ltd grants no warranties regarding performance, use or quality of any e-mail or attachment and undertakes no liability for loss or damage, howsoever caused. Natural Objects Ltd is registered in England - 4004338 - at 18 Joyce Way, Thorpe St Andrew, Norwich, NR7 0ZG.

Re: Possible to deploy standard-mailets-1.0 onto james-server 2.3.2?

Posted by Norman <no...@apache.org>.
Hi Matthew,

the safest way would be to develop it against 2.3.2 source-code.
Everything else would be need some oversight to be sure you don't use
methods that are not present in the "old code".

Bye,
Norman