Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Sandopolus <sa...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/22 17:08:48 UTC

Solr Cloud Zookeeper Namespace

Is it possible with Solr Cloud 4.0 to specify a namespace for zookeeper so
that you can run completely isolated Solr Cloud Clusters.

There is the collection.configName property puts specific items into sub
nodes for that collection, but certain things are still shared and in the
root directory in Zookeeper like clusterstate.json
What i am looking for a property which allows me to prepend a namespace to
all nodes in Zookeeper that Solr Cloud inserts.

Does anyone know if this exists?

Re: Solr Cloud Zookeeper Namespace

Posted by Tomás Fernández Löbbe <to...@gmail.com>.
You could use Zookeeper's chroot:
http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.2.2/zookeeperAdmin.html#sc_bestPractices

You can use chroot in Solr by specifying it in the zkHost parameter, for
example -DzkHost=localhost:2181/namespace1

In order for this to work, you need to first create the initial path (in
the example above, you should create /namespace1 in zookeeper before
starting Solr)

Tomás