Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Henri Cook <al...@theplayboymansion.net> on 2004/08/06 20:27:24 UTC

[users@httpd] Problem with lock ups

Greetings all!

I run httpd 2.0.50 with php 4.3.x and mysql 4.0.12. Over the last few months
I have server 'lockups' where mysql goes crazy while the httpd runs to the
full 255 processes and the server load avg gets to about 80 (surprisingly!).
Has anyone ever seen anything like this happen before? There's nothing
unusual in any logs - messages,error_log,access_log. When i ps faux'ed a
large amount of httpd processes were in D< (Uninterruptable Sleep) while the
remainder were in S< (Sleep). Could this be a keepalive problem? I've tried
everything else to fix it.

Regards,

Henri

Re: [users@httpd] Problem with lock ups

Posted by Henri Cook <al...@theplayboymansion.net>.
Cunning(!)
I'll upgrade it and see what happens - i've turned keepalive off so i'll see
if it happens again - good call.
Thanks for quick response, have a cookie.

Henri

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.

Re: [users@httpd] PHP & File Uploads!

Posted by Geoff Hartman <ge...@fivepack.net>.
Here are some snippets... again keep in mind, it is woking on one server,
but not another:

FORM HTML:

<form name=form1 action=process_styles.php enctype='multipart/form-data'
method=POST>

<!-- only including the relevant to prevent confusion -->

Image</font></td>
sans-serif">Thumbnail Image</font></td>

<!-- only including the relavant to prevent confusion -->

</form>

ON THE PROCESSING SIDE (It craps out on the first if validation):
<?
set_time_limit(0);
require_once("../configure.php");
require_once( WEB_STORE_ROOT . "global.php");
include(WEB_STORE_ROOT . "OBJECTS/colors_class.php");

$img_arr_1 = getimagesize ($large_image);
$img_arr_2 = getimagesize ($thumb_image);

if ( is_array($img_arr_1)){
 $img_type_1 = $IMG_TYPES[$img_arr_1[2]];
} else {
 //ERROR
 echo "Large Image is not a valid Image type. Image type data:<br>";
 print_r($img_arr_1);
 echo gettype($img_arr_1);
 exit;
}

if ( is_array($img_arr_2)){
 $img_type_2 = $IMG_TYPES[ $img_arr_2[2] ];
} else {
 //ERROR
 echo "Thumb Image is not a valid Image type";
 print_r($img_type_2);
 echo gettype($img_type_2);
 exit;
}

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Geoff Hartman <ge...@fivepack.net>.
I am now!!

Thanks Tim, I will try that :-)

Posted by Geoff Hartman <ge...@fivepack.net>.
Well, interestingly enough what I ended up having to do was this:

$large_image = $_FILES["large_image"]["tmp_name"];
$thumb_image = $_FILES["thumb_image"]["tmp_name"];

I am thinking it could be the older version of PHP. The newer version must
do some different handling of the posted file array.

Posted by Tim Burden <ti...@burden.ca>.

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.