Posted to ojb-dev@db.apache.org by Brian McCallister <mc...@forthillcompany.com> on 2004/01/28 15:27:34 UTC

OTM Questions (working on the docs)

Can anyone give me a rundown of the relationships between database
transactions and OTM Transactions in a non-JTA
(LocalTransactionFactory) situation?

Do the ODMG isolation levels specified in metadata apply directly to
the OTM?

Thanks!

-Brian

Re: OTM Questions (working on the docs)

Posted by Brian McCallister <mc...@forthillcompany.com>.
On Jan 28, 2004, at 7:11 PM, Oleg Nitz wrote:

> On Wednesday 28 January 2004 14:27, Brian McCallister wrote:
>> Can anyone give me a rundown of the relationships between database
>> transactions and OTM Transactions in a non-JTA
>> (LocalTransactionFactory) situation?
> 1:1 correspondence AFAIK

For some reason I had thought that it didn't start the database
transaction until the OTM tx was being committed.

Posted by Oleg Nitz <on...@ukr.net>.
On Wednesday 28 January 2004 14:27, Brian McCallister wrote:
> Can anyone give me a rundown of the relationships between database
> transactions and OTM Transactions in a non-JTA
> (LocalTransactionFactory) situation?
1:1 correspondence AFAIK

> Do the ODMG isolation levels specified in metadata apply directly to
> the OTM?
Yes, absolutely.

Regards,
 Oleg