Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Chris Lo <ch...@cyberwisdom.net> on 2000/11/27 03:17:19 UTC

class not compatible

I am using JRun 3.0 and Xalan-Java 1.2 , I got the following exception when processing the xsl :

org.apache.xalan.xpath.XString; Local class not compatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID=-646874925083630127 local class serialVersionUID=8900540889541229660

I tried to compile the xsl using the commnad prompt and the transformation is success.

Any suggestion on which product is the best for Xalan-Java 1.2 ? WebSphere, Tomcat, JRun?

Thanks.

Re: class not compatible

Posted by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com>.
> Chris Lo wrote:
>
> I am using JRun 3.0 and Xalan-Java 1.2 , I got the following exception
> when processing the xsl :
>
> org.apache.xalan.xpath.XString; Local class not compatible: stream
> classdesc serialVersionUID=-646874925083630127 local class
> serialVersionUID=8900540889541229660
>
> I tried to compile the xsl using the commnad prompt and the
> transformation is success.
>
> Any suggestion on which product is the best for Xalan-Java 1.2 ?
> WebSphere, Tomcat, JRun?
>
> Thanks.

Check for other versions of xerces or xalan in your classpath.  You
might also check for other xml parsers in your classpath.  If you're
using Java2, be sure to check your lib/ext directory as well.

Gary