Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com> on 2008/11/15 15:43:18 UTC

Client-Side Image Map...

I've created a JIRA with an attached implementation of a new
client-side image map.

Basically what it does is it borrows some ideas from the VelocityPanel
class, in that it generates its own markup.  So, it's able to "attach"
the AbstractLink objects to <area> elements within the <map>.  I think
this is a good replacement for ImageMap, since it's not so limiting
(works with existing Images and allows any AbstractLink, not just
Links).  My patch also deprecates ImageMap, so that we can remove it
in 1.5 (provided it makes it into 1.4; we could also back port it to
1.3.x).