Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/24 07:36:01 UTC

[VOTE] Release Attributes 2.2

This is a vote for releasing Commons Attribetus 2.2 based on RC2.

RC2 is here:
http://people.apache.org/~bayard/commons-attributes

---------------
[ ] +1  I support this release
[ ] +0
[ ] -0
[ ] -1  I oppose this release because...

Re: [VOTE] Release Attributes 2.2

Posted by Nicolas De Loof <ni...@capgemini.com>.
+1 from a nightly build user.

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
+1

Nit - I'd prefer RELEASE.txt be RELEASE-NOTES.txt

Stephen

Posted by Leo Sutic <le...@gmail.com>.
+1 Let's get it out the door.

Thank you for doing the release, Henri.

/LS

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
I've checked the docs once more. It's looking good.

There was a typo on the index.xml page that I fixed.

I also noticed that there is a big "IMPORTANT" sign on the overview page
of the Javadocs [1]. I think this should be removed from
api/src/java/overview.html prior to release and then it can be put back
in again.

Oh, and remember to add the correct date for the 2.2 release under the
News section of index.xml.

So I say go!

+1

[1]http://people.apache.org/~bayard/commons-attributes/docs/api/index.html

--
Dennis Lundberg

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
On 8/1/06, Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com> wrote:
> From: Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>
> > > Another minor nit would be to have the source and binary distros
> > > unpack into separate directories.
>
> > Will leave that for the moment. Wonder if Maven has fixed that so the
> > source unpacks nicely.
>
> See [io] or many others project.properties for example of how to do this.

It seems to be in [io]'s build.xml, but not the maven side of things.
I just did a maven dist and the -src zip still unpacks to have the
same directory name.

Hen

Re: [VOTE] Release Attributes 2.2

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
From: Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
On 7/25/06, Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> With apologies for not having noticed this at the RC stage, it seems
> there are some disparities between the maven and ant build, probably
> in the order of importance:
>
> 1) what is the purpose of anttasks.properties in the compiler jar (its
> missing in the jar built via ant)

Dunno, but it was in the 2.1 release so I don't think there's a
problem leaving it in.

> 2) ant build manifests are incomplete (api and compiler)

Have put a pair of manifests in.

> 3) ant build jars contain some empty folders (feel free to ignore)

Will do :) Want to get this out.

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
With apologies for not having noticed this at the RC stage, it seems
there are some disparities between the maven and ant build, probably
in the order of importance:

1) what is the purpose of anttasks.properties in the compiler jar (its
missing in the jar built via ant)
2) ant build manifests are incomplete (api and compiler)
3) ant build jars contain some empty folders (feel free to ignore)

Another minor nit would be to have the source and binary distros
unpack into separate directories.

As-is, I'm +0. With (1) and (2) above fixed, I'd be +1.

-Rahul

Re: [RESULT] Re: [VOTE] Release Attributes 2.2

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
I've gone ahead and done most of the release; including some basic
poms being added to the m1-ibiblio-rsync-repository.

Will wait for the mirrors and ibiblio to get updated before announcing anything.

Hen

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 8/1/06, Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 4 +1s (including my own...quick +1 for the record).
>
> Leo Sutic
> Dennis Lundberg
> Stephen Colebourne
> Henri Yandell
>
> 1 +0
>
> Rahul Akolkar

<snip/>

Since some the points mentioned in my prior post, particularly the
missing manifests, have been covered -- I'd like to change my vote to
a +1, for the record.

Thanks for CA2.2 Hen,
-Rahul

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.