Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Jorge Hernandez Rosello <jh...@uci.cu> on 2011/05/10 21:13:02 UTC

Copies between LDAPs

Hello community. I write because I have the following problem. I´m using
ApacheDS as LDAP server. In my infrastructure I have two LDAPs, preceded by
an LVS(Linux Virtual Server) balancers. The point is that when I create a
user from my site (which is integrated with LDAP), inserts it into one of
two LDAP that I have available. The decision to send the request to a
specific LDAP is taken by the balancer, because of this, I must sync both
LDAP for that user created in one LDAP replicate (copy) on the other LDAP.
Thus, the user will be created in both LDAPs, and the balancer can send the
authentication request to any existing LDAP.

I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks in advance,

Jhack

RE: Copies between LDAPs

Posted by Jorge Infante Osorio <jo...@uci.cu>.
Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
On 5/11/11 2:07 AM, Jim Willeke wrote:
> Are both of them ApacheDS?
>
> Then you need to look at:
> http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/replication-requirements.html

Sadly, ADS 1.5.7 does not implement a replication system. Mitosis was
not working properly and has been removed from this version. We are
working to get back a replication system for the next release.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: Copies between LDAPs

Posted by Jim Willeke <ji...@willeke.com>.
Is the file in the "standard" changeLog format used by SUN/Netscape/Oracle
and others?

There are some products out there (not sure if they are free) that will
synchronize the"standard" changeLog format between LDAP servers.

-jim
Jim Willeke

Re: Copies between LDAPs

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.

RE: Copies between LDAPs

Posted by Jorge Hernandez Rosello <jh...@uci.cu>.
Hi Jim, thanks for answering. I would appreciate you give me any idea how to
solve my problem. At the moment what I have as a solution is make copies by
hand ldif, between a LDAP and other. By chance know another way to automate
or optimize that replicated between LDAPs ???

Thanks in advance

Jhack

Re: Copies between LDAPs

Posted by Jim Willeke <ji...@willeke.com>.