Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/18 16:41:17 UTC

Hierarchical injected beans and state

I'm taking the Virtual Library examples in the source tree as a
reference best practices for a prototype I'm producing and looking at
Login page and VlibPage i notice that both have the ValidationDelegate
beans injected even if Login page extends from VlibPage, so i guessed
Login shouldn't need to have:
   @Bean(VirtualLibraryDelegate.class)
    public abstract IValidationDelegate getValidationDelegate();

Did i miss something?
--
Massimo

Re: Hierarchical injected beans and state

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Nope; I missed something.  During the "rennovation" of Vlib, I saw
that I could collapse a confusing inheritance hierarchy down to a
single base class, by replacing behavior-with-inheritance with
behavior-by-configuration (of @Meta data).

On 11/18/05, Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm taking the Virtual Library examples in the source tree as a
> reference best practices for a prototype I'm producing and looking at
> Login page and VlibPage i notice that both have the ValidationDelegate
> beans injected even if Login page extends from VlibPage, so i guessed
> Login shouldn't need to have:
>    @Bean(VirtualLibraryDelegate.class)
>     public abstract IValidationDelegate getValidationDelegate();
>
> Did i miss something?
> --
> Massimo

Howard M. Lewis Ship