Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Janmyr Anders <an...@btj.se> on 2000/02/01 14:42:19 UTC

Bug in pageContextImpl

Hello,

I have found a bug in PageContextImpl.java
In removeAttribute, row 242 the line reads
session.setAttribute(name, null)

it should probably be
session.removeAttribute(name).

Since the underlying implementation of session uses Hashtable which cannot
contain nulls.

There is also a comment there from the previous implementation:
                // was:
                //		    session.removeValue(name);
                // REVISIT Verify this is correct - akv

The deprecation was from removeValue -> removeAttribute.

regards

Anders

Re: Bug in pageContextImpl

Posted by Tim Fox <ti...@hyperlink.com>.
Yeah I found this too.
Work-around is to explicitly remove the attribute from the session in your own
code (rather obvious I know).
Anyone know if this is fixed in 3.1?

Janmyr Anders wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have found a bug in PageContextImpl.java
> In removeAttribute, row 242 the line reads
> session.setAttribute(name, null)
>
> it should probably be
> session.removeAttribute(name).
>
> Since the underlying implementation of session uses Hashtable which cannot
> contain nulls.
>
> There is also a comment there from the previous implementation:
>                 // was:
>                 //                  session.removeValue(name);
>                 // REVISIT Verify this is correct - akv
>
> The deprecation was from removeValue -> removeAttribute.
>
> regards
>
> Anders

Tim Fox (¦¬o)

Hyperlink plc