Posted to general@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com> on 2012/03/09 10:47:32 UTC

[VOTE] Include Jeremias' PDF plug-in library as a new sub project

Fellow PMC Members and committers,

As you are all aware, Jeremias currently hosts a PDF plug-in for loading
PDFs as images within FOP. The download for the plug-in is available on
Jeremias' website. Some of our committers including (but not limited to)
Mehdi and Peter have needed to make some improvements to the plug-in. So
we did that to a local copy of the code downloaded from Jeremias'
website a couple of years ago. We sent the changes back to Jeremias, but
ran into some problems since our copy is now behind Jeremias' copy.
Jeremias agreed to make the repository public at apache-extras.org. This
strikes me as a sub-optimal solution. FOP and PDFBox both live in
Apache, so why can't we have the plug-in code as a 4th sub project of
XML Graphics? I suggested this to Jeremias and he has agreed to donate
the code to Apache. I therefore table a vote on this motion.

Here's my +1.

The vote will run for 7 days until 10am 16th March.

Thanks,

Chris

Re: [VOTE] Include Jeremias' PDF plug-in library as a new sub project

Posted by Helder Magalhães <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi everyone,

>> As you are all aware, Jeremias currently hosts a PDF plug-in for loading
>> PDFs as images within FOP.

Actually, I wasn't aware of that but I bet it's Apache quality, coming
from Jeremias. :-)

>> I suggested this to Jeremias and he has agreed to donate the code to Apache.

Applause for the initiative and for the donation.

>> I therefore table a vote on this motion.

+1 from me.

Cheers,
 Helder

Re: [VOTE] Include Jeremias' PDF plug-in library as a new sub project

Posted by Adrian Cumiskey <ad...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by mehdi houshmand <me...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me too, again, thanks Jeremias.

Mehdi

Posted by Clay Leeds <th...@gmail.com>.
Sounds like a plan.

Posted by Peter Hancock <pe...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Vincent Hennebert <vh...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE RESULTS] Include Jeremias' PDF plug-in library as a new sub project

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
On 23/03/2012 16:19, Jeremias Maerki wrote:

Hi Jeremias,

> Almost forgot...

Great work and very efficient too! This should make maintenance of the
PDF plug-in a whole lot easier.

> A little note on the legal side:
> There have been three contributors to the plug-in: me, Vincent
> Hennebert and Krister Wicksell. The first two have an ICLA on file, and
> Krister Wicksell's contribution was just a 3-liner which we can safely
> put under section 5 ALv2. That's why I'm skipping the software grant.

Thanks,

Chris

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Almost forgot...

A little note on the legal side:
There have been three contributors to the plug-in: me, Vincent
Hennebert and Krister Wicksell. The first two have an ICLA on file, and
Krister Wicksell's contribution was just a 3-liner which we can safely
put under section 5 ALv2. That's why I'm skipping the software grant.

On 23.03.2012 17:13:25 Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> I've done the initial import to:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop-pdf-images
>
> The commit message redirect to fop-commits is in the process of being
> set up.
>
> On 20.03.2012 10:01:48 Chris Bowditch wrote:
> > On 20/03/2012 08:35, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> > > I'll work on setting up the new subproject ASAP.
> >
> > Thanks for volunteering Jeremias - I was going to research what was
> > involved but don't have time today. Let me know if I can help.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Chris

Jeremias Maerki

Re: [VOTE RESULTS] Include Jeremias' PDF plug-in library as a new sub project

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
I've done the initial import to:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop-pdf-images

The commit message redirect to fop-commits is in the process of being
set up.

On 20.03.2012 10:01:48 Chris Bowditch wrote:
> On 20/03/2012 08:35, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> > I'll work on setting up the new subproject ASAP.
>
> Thanks for volunteering Jeremias - I was going to research what was
> involved but don't have time today. Let me know if I can help.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris

> >> <snip/>

> >> There were 9 +1s and no other votes therefore the vote passes.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Chris
> >>

> > Jeremias Maerki

Jeremias Maerki

Re: [VOTE RESULTS] Include Jeremias' PDF plug-in library as a new sub project

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
I'll work on setting up the new subproject ASAP.

On 19.03.2012 13:20:53 Chris Bowditch wrote:
> On 09/03/2012 09:47, Chris Bowditch wrote:
> > Fellow PMC Members and committers,
> >

> <snip/>
> >
> > Here's my +1.
> >
> > The vote will run for 7 days until 10am 16th March.
>
> There were 9 +1s and no other votes therefore the vote passes.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris

Jeremias Maerki

[VOTE RESULTS] Include Jeremias' PDF plug-in library as a new sub project

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Pascal Sancho <pa...@takoma.fr>.
Hi,

+1 for me, and many thanks to JM.