Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Alexandre Vermeerbergen <av...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/26 17:14:07 UTC

How about switching from Celery to RQ?

Hi there,

Looks like couple of projects have moved from Celery to RQ:
* https://pulpproject.org/2018/05/08/pulp3-moving-to-rq/#reasoning
* https://frappe.io/blog/technology/why-we-moved-from-celery-to-rq

or are planning such move:
* https://github.com/getredash/redash/issues/4092

Is such move considered for Airflow?

Kind regards,
Alexandre

Re: How about switching from Celery to RQ?

Posted by Tomasz Urbaszek <tu...@apache.org>.
I think we once tried to abandon Celery for other stuff (kombu,
knative)... If there's no reasonable advantage of RQ I see no reason
in switching to it. However, rewriting the "Queue worker" can help a
lot :)

Also a few days ago one of Celery maintainers expressed interest in
contributing to Airflow. I think it's something that may help us.
https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/7754

Tomek

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com>.
Clear! Thanks for the explanation!

--

Jarek Potiuk

M: +48 660 796 129 <+48660796129>

Re: How about switching from Celery to RQ?

Posted by Alexandre Vermeerbergen <av...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com>.

--

Jarek Potiuk

M: +48 660 796 129 <+48660796129>

Re: How about switching from Celery to RQ?

Posted by Alexandre Vermeerbergen <av...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Daniel Imberman <da...@gmail.com>.