Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Mridul Muralidharan <mr...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2008/08/19 23:17:53 UTC

Tentative schedule ?

Hi,

   Is there any tentative schedule that is aimed for w.r.t types branch
of pig ?
Particularly since it is not backwardly compatible with current pig
udf's, it would be great to know how much time is there before it gets
released.

Thanks,
Mridul

RE: Tentative schedule ?

Posted by Olga Natkovich <ol...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Hi Mridul,

We hope to be able to merge the types branch to the trunk sometimes in
September. We will send notification once we start the merge back
process. We will also provide the documentation on how to transition pig
scripts and UDFs.

Olga