Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Chetan Mehrotra <ch...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/08 11:17:20 UTC

AggregateIndex and Solr

For  OAK-2119 I had modified AggregateIndex to implement
AdvanceQueryIndex. This was done with the assumption that it is only
used by LuceneIndex. However Solr testcase do check against
AggregateIndex (though it is not configured for that at runtime) and
they fail with this change

Now I have two options

1. Make SolrQueryIndex implement AdvanceQueryIndex and thus
AdvanceFulltextQueryIndex
2. OR Duplicate AggregateIndex to have one impl for AdvanceQueryIndex
and other for QueryIndex

Doing #1 should not take much effort but still a change in existing impl.

Which route to take?

Chetan Mehrotra

Re: AggregateIndex and Solr

Posted by Chetan Mehrotra <ch...@gmail.com>.
After discussing it Tomomaso offline would be going with option #3.
Opened OAK-2168 to track changes required in SolrIndex to support
AdvanceQueryIndex and later AggregateIndex
Chetan Mehrotra

Re: AggregateIndex and Solr

Posted by Chetan Mehrotra <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tommaso,