Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Naseer Bhatti <na...@ilm.edu> on 2002/08/16 08:26:22 UTC

Apache static module override

Hi,
Is it possible to override statically built in apache static modules with one created as a DSO. Like I want to change some php options but it is compiled static. I want to insert and use a DSO instead of that very builtin static module.
Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Naseer

Re: Apache static module override

Posted by Naseer Bhatti <na...@ilm.edu>.
Well, Infact the problem is that the httpd binary I have has a couple of
other modules built in. That is the only reason I am not able to recompile
it. The thing I am trying to do is to comment out AddModule mod_php4.c and
LoadModule blah blah.so but this thing also not working. Infact I just want
to change 1 option on php. I tried LoadFile directive as well but failed. If
there is a way to Load a module on run time, there *must* be a way also to
load some alternate. Someone must know ..

Second strange thing .. I am getting errors viewing .phps files. Anyway to
continue execution even the errors come? I know .phps don't execute but ..
there should be some way.

Naseer

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.