Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by "Filip S. Adamsen" <fs...@fsadev.com> on 2007/10/29 00:17:48 UTC

L10N bug in MessageFormatterImpl?

Hi,

I've been having problems formatting dates using
org.apache.tapestry.ioc.Messages#format(String key, Object... args).

The dates are formatted alright, but month names etc. are not localized.
So I took a look at the source and MessageFormatterImpl uses the version
of String#format that is always using the default locale, resulting in
wrong month names among other things.

Is there a reason for this or should I file a JIRA issue?

-Filip

Re: L10N bug in MessageFormatterImpl?

Posted by "Filip S. Adamsen" <fs...@fsadev.com>.
Filed as https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-1882.

-Filip

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Looks like a JIRA issue to me.

On Oct 28, 2007 3:17 PM, Filip S. Adamsen <fs...@fsadev.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been having problems formatting dates using
> org.apache.tapestry.ioc.Messages#format(String key, Object... args).
>
> The dates are formatted alright, but month names etc. are not localized.
> So I took a look at the source and MessageFormatterImpl uses the version
> of String#format that is always using the default locale, resulting in
> wrong month names among other things.
>
> Is there a reason for this or should I file a JIRA issue?
>
> -Filip

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Partner and Senior Architect at Feature50