Posted to dev@esme.apache.org by Mrinal Wadhwa <mr...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/16 10:26:54 UTC

Re: [ESME UI TEAM] Sprint planning call results

Hi Bill,

Thank you for documenting these and sending them across ... I've been down
with viral fever this past week so could not make it to the meeting ... the
medicines have had me fairly sedated this past week :)

*NOTE: *I'm including the dev mailing list into this email ... keeping with
the apache spirit of "if it didn't happen on the mailing list it didn't
happen"

Just so you know, my personal strengths lie in developing interfaces and not
in designing them, so at all stages I would prefer you and Anne take lead
with the design and I can help with the development. Keeping this in mind, I
think, my involvement will make most sense in goals 4 and 5 from your list

       4. Make a preliminary list of API calls the UIs will need.
           -- As David said, I understand the current API fairly well, so I
can take up this task.

       5. Implement the first stage end-user UI.
-- this obviously has a dependency on 1 and 2 ... if they can be completed
by 30th of Jan, I can dedicate a considerable amount of time on the
following weekend of 31st, 1st and a few days after that to churn something
useful out before the sprint ends on the 6th.

Apart from this I can help with whatever else you need my help with.

>> We didn't discuss the current AIR client, and I haven't played with the
current version.
>> Mrinal, do you have specific plans/desires you'd like to address during
this sprint with respect to the AIR client?
The only goal for the AIR for this sprint is to get rid of all the known
bugs that are recorded in the google code project.

>> It was suggested that a good way to organize and publish tasks,
priorities, progress, etc. was to use a Google spreadsheet
I don't like this way of doing this because in the past I've noticed that
not everyone pays attention to the discussion on the shared spreadsheet and
people come back with questions/remarks/objections at a later stage when
decision on the subject had already been made by people who involved in the
discussion on the spreadsheet ... I would prefer if we setup a bug/task
system like Jira or something somewhere, because then alert emails could be
forwarded to the mailing list and that keeps everyone involved ... we could
also use the google code bug system or whatever else everyone else prefers.

Thank you,
Mrinal

_
http://www.mrinalwadhwa.com

Re: AW: [UI] Suggestions for Mrinal

Posted by Bill Fernandez <bi...@billfernandez.com>.
@Dick--

I read the use cases on the ESME blog long ago.  I don't remember
them being that useful at the time; maybe because they seemed pretty
obvious and basic.

At present what would be useful would be a list of functionality that
you want to be sure doesn't get missed.  Don't need a formal
presentation, just a description of each need or objective.

What do you think?

--Bill

Posted by "Hirsch, Richard" <ri...@siemens.com>.
@Bill