Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Marta Maldonado <Ma...@ntsig1.uab.es> on 2002/04/11 15:10:51 UTC

too many file descriptors!

Hi!

I'm using log4j in my application that runs in a solaris operating system and
under iPlanet.

I have extended Category class and I use a static variable in each of my classes
to make traces. I use a RollingFileApender. After some time the application is
running, iAS falls because there are too many file descriptors opened.

The file descriptors opened only are closed when the application server
iAS is closed. When I stop to run my application they don't
desappear.Furthermore, because of de RollingFileApender, new files are created
and this increase the number of inodes in the list of file descriptors.

What can I do to close these file descriptors? Is there any parameter in the
configuration of log4j to do  that? Is it a bug?

Help!!!

Marta Maldonado.