Posted to apreq-dev@httpd.apache.org by David Robins <db...@davidrobins.net> on 2005/06/28 05:49:10 UTC

BUG: version_check reports false negatives

On Monday June 27, 2005 10:57, Joe Schaefer wrote:
> David Robins <db...@davidrobins.net> writes:
>
> > C programmers will probably see what's wrong here: copying a volatile
> > pointer  (aliasing bug).  The char* comes from SvPV_nolen(), which
> > points into the SV, in this case $v from the 'each'.  When $v changes,
> > so will the value of path. When $v goes out of scope and its PV gets
> > freed, 'val' will be overwritten by  whatever uses the space.
> >
> > The same problem occurs in the other generated char* functions,
> > e.g. domain,  port, comment, etc.
>
> Exactly- that's another bug we inherited from ExtUtils::XSBuilder, but
> our current svn trunk includes a fix for that.

Thanks, will grab latest from svn.

Do you know about this one?

httpd-apreq-2 # perl Makefile.PL
perl: 5.8.6 ok
mod_perl: 2.000000 ok
Apache::Test: 1.25 ok
ExtUtils::MakeMaker: 6.17 ok
ExtUtils::XSBuilder: 0.27 ok
build/version_check.pl failed: Test::More version 0.6 unsupported (0.47 or
greater is required).
# Looks like your test died before it could output anything.
Please upgrade Test::More first.
./configure --enable-perl-glue --with-perl="/usr/bin/perl"
sh: ./configure: No such file or directory

Doesn't seem to realize that 0.6 > 0.47.  The splitting code in
build/version_check.pl looks very suspicious; perhaps use regular numeric
comparison if there's < 2 dots (see attached diff)?

--
Dave
Isa. 40:31