Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Nic <th...@gmail.com> on 2022/12/02 16:31:20 UTC

Arrow R package development: new zulip stream and fortnightly sync call

In a recent discussion with some of the other Arrow R package contributors,
we felt that want to do more to coordinate with all R package contributors
and encourage broader community engagement with both the planning and the
implementation process.

Consequently, there is a new Zulip (https://ursalabs.zulipchat.com) stream,
#r-chat, for Arrow R package related discussions.

We're also starting a new fortnightly community/dev call open to anyone
who's interested in joining; the first one will be held on Tuesday 15th
December at 17:30 UTC and can be joined at the following link:
https://meet.google.com/dbm-ybmv-evb

The meeting will have a rotating chair; Dewey Dunnington has volunteered to
chair the first one, and we'll arrange subsequent meeting chairs via the
Zulip stream.

Thanks,

Nic