Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Lehtonen, Mika" <mi...@digikartta.net> on 2008/04/15 18:18:58 UTC

error in html serialization

Hello,

I have an application which uses html serializer. It is a little
complicated system to describe in this. Anyway the pipeline works and of
some xml and a bunch of gifs is parsed a working html, but then we come
to the strange part. It works eleven times, crashes eleven times and
continues doing that. I can verify that even with using refresh button
on the browser. Cocoon is 2.1.11 and first I get this error and after
that the latter one. Any ideas?

mika

*type* Exception report

*message*

*description* _The server encountered an internal error () that
prevented it from fulfilling this request._

*exception*

*root cause*

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/xml/utils/URI
	org.apache.xml.utils.SystemIDResolver.getAbsoluteURI(SystemIDResolver.java:284)
	org.apache.xpath.SourceTreeManager.resolveURI(SourceTreeManager.java:132)
	org.apache.xalan.templates.FuncDocument.getDoc(FuncDocument.java:237)
	org.apache.xalan.templates.FuncDocument.execute(FuncDocument.java:194)
	org.apache.xpath.axes.FilterExprIteratorSimple.executeFilterExpr(FilterExprIteratorSimple.java:116)
	org.apache.xpath.axes.FilterExprWalker.setRoot(FilterExprWalker.java:131)
	org.apache.xpath.axes.WalkingIterator.setRoot(WalkingIterator.java:157)
	org.apache.xpath.axes.NodeSequence.setRoot(NodeSequence.java:265)
	org.apache.xpath.axes.LocPathIterator.asIterator(LocPathIterator.java:269)
	org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemForEach.transformSelectedNodes(ElemForEach.java:335)
	org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemForEach.execute(ElemForEach.java:265)
	org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.executeChildTemplates(TransformerImpl.java:2400)
	org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemLiteralResult.execute(ElemLiteralResult.java:1376)
	org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.executeChildTemplates(TransformerImpl.java:2400)
	org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemLiteralResult.execute(ElemLiteralResult.java:1376)
	org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.executeChildTemplates(TransformerImpl.java:2400)
	org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemIf.execute(ElemIf.java:162)
	org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemForEach.transformSelectedNodes(ElemForEach.java:425)
	org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemForEach.execute(ElemForEach.java:265)
	org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.executeChildTemplates(TransformerImpl.java:2400)
	org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemLiteralResult.execute(ElemLiteralResult.java:1376)
	org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.executeChildTemplates(TransformerImpl.java:2400)
	org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemLiteralResult.execute(ElemLiteralResult.java:1376)
	org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.executeChildTemplates(TransformerImpl.java:2400)
	org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemLiteralResult.execute(ElemLiteralResult.java:1376)
	org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.executeChildTemplates(TransformerImpl.java:2400)
	org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemLiteralResult.execute(ElemLiteralResult.java:1376)
	org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.executeChildTemplates(TransformerImpl.java:2400)
	org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.applyTemplateToNode(TransformerImpl.java:2270)
	org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transformNode(TransformerImpl.java:1356)
	org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.run(TransformerImpl.java:3447)
	org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerHandlerImpl.endDocument(TransformerHandlerImpl.java:408)
	org.apache.cocoon.xml.AbstractXMLPipe.endDocument(AbstractXMLPipe.java:56)
	org.apache.cocoon.transformation.TraxTransformer.endDocument(TraxTransformer.java:586)
	org.apache.cocoon.generation.DirectoryGenerator.generate(DirectoryGenerator.java:266)
	org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.processXMLPipeline(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:579)
	org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.process(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:481)
	org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.SerializeNode.invoke(SerializeNode.java:144)
	org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:47)
	org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.MatchNode.invoke(MatchNode.java:108)
	org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:69)
	org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke(PipelineNode.java:143)
	org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:69)
	org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(PipelinesNode.java:93)
	org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ConcreteTreeProcessor.process(ConcreteTreeProcessor.java:235)
	org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ConcreteTreeProcessor.process(ConcreteTreeProcessor.java:177)
	org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcessor.java:254)
	org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.MountNode.invoke(MountNode.java:118)
[...]
	org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.process(Cocoon.java:699)
	org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:1154)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)

*********************************************************************************************************************

java.lang.NullPointerException:

Cocoon stacktrace[hide]

*Failed to process pipeline*
context://asemakaavat/sitemap.xmap - 107:31 	/<map:serialize type="html">/
context://asemakaavat/sitemap.xmap - 106:53 	/<map:transform>/
context://asemakaavat/sitemap.xmap - 102:67 	/<map:generate
type="imagedirectory">/
context://sitemap.xmap - 1034:92 	/<map:mount>/

Java stacktrace[hide]

java.lang.NullPointerException at
java.util.Arrays.sort(Arrays.java:1206) at
org.apache.cocoon.generation.DirectoryGenerator.addPath(DirectoryGenerator.java:330)
at
org.apache.cocoon.generation.DirectoryGenerator.addAncestorPath(DirectoryGenerator.java:306)
at
org.apache.cocoon.generation.DirectoryGenerator.addAncestorPath(DirectoryGenerator.java:309)
at
org.apache.cocoon.generation.DirectoryGenerator.addAncestorPath(DirectoryGenerator.java:309)
at
org.apache.cocoon.generation.DirectoryGenerator.generate(DirectoryGenerator.java:263)
at
[...]
at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.process(Cocoon.java:699) at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:1154)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803) at
at
at
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:175)
at
at
at
at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:286)
at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844)
at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Re: error in html serialization

Posted by "Lehtonen, Mika" <mi...@digikartta.net>.
Johannes,

after the crash, there are 1067 open files, and when you wait for a
while, the amount drops into 113. Everything is then working. Or if I
push 'refresh'-button so many times that the site works again, the
amount of files drops into 196. Every time the page is loaded again,
extra 82 files is opened until the 1000 limit is exceeded.

So it seems that you're right, but what to do to it? If I do garbage
collection manually, page starts to function. And it seems that the
problem occurs only with xslt transformer and html serializer. Those
test pipelines don't leave files open. Also my pdf pipeline works fine.

Is it possible you to test pipelines with xslt transformer and html
serializer? I mean if it would also left "old" files open after reloading.

mika

Posted by "Lehtonen, Mika" <mi...@digikartta.net>.
Thanks for your help Johannes!

I believe I found the reason. I had  type="noncaching" definition in my
pipeline. I removed it and now it seems to working without errors. Try
it out yourself.

mika

Posted by Johannes Textor <jc...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Johannes Textor <jc...@gmx.de>.