Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Nicolas De Loof <ni...@capgemini.com> on 2005/09/14 10:17:50 UTC

Re: [m1.1b2] StackOverflowError when using commons-attributes plugin

I've found the source of the problem :

My parent project has a project.properties file. It is used to configure
eclipse plugin as follows :

maven.eclipse.projectnatures.append =
maven.eclipse.projectnatures=org.mevenide.ui.mavennature,com.atlassw.tools.eclipse.checkstyle.CheckstyleNature,${maven.eclipse.projectnatures.append}

This is set to allow a child projet to set eclipse project nature
without having to duplicate default natures (mevenide, checkstyle)
It works fine in maven 1.0.2
It fails in maven 1.1 beta-2

Just commenting the second property make my jar:install work fine.

Perhaps it's not the recommended way to set such properties, but it
seems there is some incompatibility between 1.0.x and 1.1 on properties
handling. What would be an alternative to set such properties using new
<properties> tag in POM ?