Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by "Davies,Douglas" <da...@oclc.org> on 2014/12/03 20:23:02 UTC

renderDebug

Hi guys.  While working up a solution for SHINDIG-1984 I noticed that in commoncontainer that renderDebug is set as follows

   testConfig[osapi.container.ContainerConfig.RENDER_DEBUG] = '0';

and then in container.js it does this

  this.renderDebug_ = (typeof param === 'undefined') ?
      Boolean(osapi.container.util.getSafeJsonValue(config,
          osapi.container.ContainerConfig.RENDER_DEBUG, false)) :
      (param === '1');

which sets this.renderDebug_ to TRUE (incorrectly).  I think the creation of the Boolean is only caring that the string has a value and setting to TRUE.

Is this a container/documentation error and we should fix the containers OR should the container.js code be able to handle the string?  I can submit a bug once we decide the correct approach.  For now I am changing my container to set RENDER_DEBUG to 0 (no quotes) so that I can continue working up a patch for SHINDIG-1984 (which relies on turning off renderDebug so that caching is enabled and I can reproduce my scenario).

Thanks,
Doug Davies

Re: renderDebug

Posted by Stanton Sievers <ss...@apache.org>.
We should be more explicit and just set it to "false" (no quotes).  There
are a lot of places where we use 0 or 1 to indicate a boolean value when I
don't think there's really a good reason to do so in favor of true/false.

Re: renderDebug

Posted by Ryan Baxter <rb...@gmail.com>.
I think you are right Doug,